Snack bars are wonderful to keep on hand for busy folks. They pack well for a trail hike, park trip, bike ride, or any other reason you'd reach for a pre-packaged snack bar. They're also lower in calories, fat, carbs, sodium, and sugar than a leading national brand of snack bar.
1 pouch of Mom’s Modern Mixes Cookie Master Mix
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups dry additional ingredients (fresh, frozen, or dried fruit, chocolate chips, seeds, nuts, rolled oats)
1. Pour your Mom’s Modern Mixes Cookie Master Mix into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the banana and vanilla extract.
3. Mix until fully combined.
4. After the ingredients come together and you have a cookie dough, stir in up to 3 cups of dry additional ingredients. (Truth be told, we’ve added up to 5 cups of dry ingredients to a very satisfying result.)
5. Press into a foil lined 9×7 inch pan.
6. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes (add 5 minutes for a glass or ceramic pan).
7. Remove from oven and cool about 5 minutes, flip using the foil lining, and return (upside-down) to the pan.
8. Bake again (upside-down) at 350° for another 20 minutes (add 5 more minutes for a glass or ceramic pan).
9. Cut when cool.
Bake 20 minutes on each side in a metal pan, or add 5 minutes per side for glass or ceramic pans.
Make chocolate-covered cherry bars by adding 1 cup each of chocolate chips, dried cherries, and seeds or nuts to the dough.
Make s’more bars by mixing 1-1/2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of mini marshmallows into the dough, then pressing another 1/2 cup mini marshmallows into the top of the bars before the second bake time.See All Our Recipe Tips >