Another classic indulgence you can now enjoy without worrying about allergens. The only tummy upset is from eating too much cake!
1 hr 20 min
1 pouch of Mom’s Modern Mixes Cookie Master Mix
1 cup carrot puree (baby food)
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup total of walnuts, raisins, shredded carrot, or a combination (optional)
1. Pour your Mom’s Modern Mixes Cookie Master Mix into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the carrot puree (baby food), vanilla extract, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3. Mix until fully combined.
4. After the ingredients come together and you have a cookie dough, stir in walnuts, raisins, or shredded carrot (optional).
5. Pour into a greased 9 inch round x 1-1/2 inch tall cakepan and and loosely cover with foil.
6. Bake at 350° for 1 hour, until a toothpick comes out completely clean and the center feels about as firm as the edges when gently pressed.
Spice cake mix is hard to find on store shelves. Substitute apple sauce for the carrot puree and leave out the shredded carrot for a delicious spice cake whenever you want.See All Our Recipe Tips >